A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to a family suffering from loss.
In 1901, W. Carl Davis opened W. Carl Davis Funeral Home in downtown Palatka. In the 1940's, his son, John Berry Davis, took over and operated the business until 1954 when he died of a heart attack at age 44. Edgar Johnson, who had worked for the Davis family, bought the funeral home in 1956 and continued to operate the Johnson-Davis Funeral Home in downtown Palatka until selling the business on November 8, 1985 to the Overturf Family. In 1987, the Overturf's established a funeral home in the West Putnam County town of Interlachen and also moved the long-time downtown business to its beautiful modern facility located at 307 S. Palm Avenue in Palatka, which is conveniently located adjacent to Oak Hill Cemetery.
In July 1996 in response to a growing desire for cremation services from its clientele, the Overturf's built and established Putnam Crematory which is located at 1235 Highway 20 West in Interlachen. Further expanding its services to the area, a new, larger funeral home was built in Interlachen in 1999 on the same property as the crematory and is also conveniently located next to Interlachen's Pine View Cemetery.
Today, Johnson-Overturf Funeral Homes & Crematory has 4 licensed full-time funeral directors/embalmers, and 1 part-time funeral director. With over 100 years of combined experience, each funeral director is highly qualified and motivated in assisting families in planning the types of services they desire for their loved ones, whether it be simple in nature or very detailed and personalized.
The Overturf family and entire staff at Johnson-Overturf are honored to be Putnam County's oldest and leading funeral establishment and are committed to continuing the fine tradition of professional and caring service founded by the Davis family over 100 years ago.